- Training Events may be open to anyone, or closed to a specific organization or a certain group of volunteers.
- Most events are free, but there will be some that are not.
- The events may be informal or formal, classroom, lecture style, or hands on practice.
- Most will provide an opportunity to meet and network with other attendees.
- Many of the training events will occur multiple times throughout the year, so if the one you want is full, check future dates.
- As training events are scheduled, they display on the calendar in yellow on the day of the event.
How to sign up for a training event
- Click the yellow date to display the event details. The event title will appear above a map which displays the location.
- For full event information click on the “expand” button listed above the dates.
- When you are ready, click the “book” button and fill out your name, phone number and email address and click the “book” button again to submit your information.
- If you have any questions or concerns about signing up for an event, email email@example.com or call 705-444-0040 ext. 238.
How to submit a request to host a training event
- Organizations offering training (webinar, workshop, etc.) for volunteers can submit an application to post their event.
- Once the application is received and approved by the Volunteer Centre, the event will be posted on our calendar.
- The Volunteer Centre will create flyers for upcoming training events and distribute through our Community Announcement Service and to local media.
- To submit an application form download the pdf file below, save it to your computer and attach it to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions or concerns about hosting an event, email email@example.com or call 705-444-0040 ext. 238.
Training Event Calendar